The Coppice is a beautiful, Grade II listed period property, nestled under Bredon Hill in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This half-timbered property boasts plenty of period charm yet has all the modern comforts you’d look for in a holiday home.
With exposed wooden beams, an Inglenook fireplace and elm floors in some of the rooms, The Coppice has been extended and renovated over the years to create a delightful holiday property. With its elegant furniture, the drawing room wouldn’t look out of place in a period drama, yet there are lovely modern touches too, such as the light and airy conservatory looking out onto the mature gardens or the well-equipped kitchen with its Nespresso machine and Loewe sound unit.
The Coppice is set at the foot of Bredon Hill, which was immortalised in the poet A E Housman’s ‘A Shropshire Lad’. Bredon is one of the outlying hills of the Cotswolds, and the opportunities for walking, mountain biking and horse riding are endless. You can explore for hours without coming across a road! Guests are welcome to bring their own horses if they wish, subject to arrangement.
With mature gardens and a paddock beyond, you could spend many a happy hour just looking out on the views from the conservatory, then perhaps wander out to The Star Inn is nearby Ashton under Hill for some great pub food. If you want to stroll further afield, the villages of Conderton and Elmley Castle also have welcoming pubs, so wherever your walk or adventure takes you, you’ll be able to quench the thirst in a lovely country inn.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests.
- Four double bedrooms.
- Twin bedroom.
- Two bathrooms with separate showers, two shower rooms and a downstairs wc.
- Open fire in the sitting room.
- Inglenook fireplace in the drawing room.
- Large, enclosed mature garden and patio area.
- Children of all ages welcome.
- Ample parking.
- Three well behaved dogs welcome.
- Minimum three night stay.
- Rangemaster electric cooker.
- One large fridge and one large freezer.
- Nespresso machine.
- Washing machine.
- Tumble dryer.
- Television with Freeview TV.
- Loewe sound port.
- Highchairs, cots and a stairgate available on request
- Garden furniture.
- Webber barbecue available on request.
- Catering can be arranged by appointment.
- Guests are invited to bring their own horses (see notes).