The Grade II listed Old Cart House dates back to 1690 and has been tastefully restored to a high standard. The property has a number of original features, including exposed beams and glazed eyelets that look out onto the neighbouring lake, and is situated in the rolling grounds of Woodhey Hall, a Cheshire dairy farm.
The Old Cart House is a red brick former barn set in an unspoilt location amongst the grasslands of southern Cheshire. There are beautiful views over the lake next to the property, which is available for fishing and makes an ideal spot for a picnic.
The stone flagged hall and timbered rooms evoke the past, yet you’ll find contemporary features throughout, including a bike store should you wish to bring your bicyles and a games lawn to keep the youngsters and the young-at-heart entertained. There are also televisions in every bedroom. The main living space on the first floor is open plan, so you can prepare a meal in the kitchen while fellow guests relax in the sitting room and look out at the views onto the lake. There is also a separate sun room on the ground floor, with French doors leading out onto the garden. A games room has table tennis and a pool table, and outside the property is a games lawn, which guests have shared access to, as well as an outdoor play area. Situated in the grounds of Woodhey Hall, a Cheshire diary farm with unspoilt countryside.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Master bedroom with king size four poster bed and en-suite bathroom
- Two ground floor bedrooms, one with king size bed and one with twin beds.
- Two family bathrooms.
- Private enclosed garden and patio.
- Parking (see Notes).
- Children welcome.
- Two dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum three night stay.
- Wood burning effect gas stove.
- Electric range cooker, microwave.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- Coffee maker and food mixer.
- Four televisions with Freeview.
- Music system.
- Two cots, two highchairs and two stairgates available on request.
- Garden furniture.